Professional Indemnity Insurance for Building Professionals

Professional Indemnity Insurance covers the advice that is given by a professional. This could be an Architect, Structural Engineer, Project Manager, Interior Designer, Landscape Architect or a firm that is involved in Building Services such as Electricians, Gas Installers, Damp and Timber Treatment experts, Air Conditioning or Heating and Ventilation Contractors. The Expert Insurance Group has a team of experts who can help arrange this type of cover.

The type of errors that typically result in claims can seem insignificant – the drawing which is a few millimetres out or the removal of a damp chimney which was acting as the vent for the gas appliances – these may sound minor, but circumstances like these have resulted in properties being knocked down and rebuilt and in the second scenario the death of a family of four.

Many building contracts contain collateral warranties that require these professions to have Professional Indemnity for six to twelve years after the build is completed. This is because Professional Indemnity insurance must be still current at the time when a claim is made, which could be many years after the build is completed.

For help and advice on Professional Indemnity Insurance download a proposal form from this page or click here to visit the PI Expert web site.

Forms & Fact Sheets

Proposal Form For Architects
Proposal Form For Engineers
Proposal Form For Project Managers
Proposal Form For Design and Construction Professionals